How to get business emails in Kenya
According to an email survey titled “Your business email address matters more than you think” by Visible Logic
70% of the people perceive non-domain email address as unprofessional.
These are email addresses from popular free email services such as Gmail, Yahoo, and others.
From my personal experience, most of the inquiries I get from free email services don’t go anywhere, though few of them are legit.
On the other hand, inquiries from business emails have a higher closing rate.
Having a well-branded business email address shows you are serious and professional in what you do.
In this post, I will teach you how to get a branded business email.
Setting up business emails is easy and straightforward. Below is how you get business emails in Kenya but it can apply to anyone
Register a Domain.
Business emails are based on your business domain, for instance, if your registered domain is hosting.com your business emails could be email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org etc.
As the first step, you need to register a domain well branded with your business name.
Look for a reputable registrar to register your preferred domain.
Alternatively, you can contract a company to register and manage the domain on your behalf.
Sign up for professional hosting services.
After you register the domain, signup for hosting services.
Key features to look out for in a good email host includes;
- Regular virus scanning – You need a host that regularly check for viruses and malware on their server and remove them.
- Spam protector – It helps identify spam and phishing messages and act on the messages accordingly.
- Secure Mail Access – Irrespective of whether or not you have purchased SSL your host should provide you with a secured access to your hosting account.
- Unlimited Mailboxes – You need a host who allows unlimited email creation, such that you can create as many emails as you need at no extra cost.
- One-Click Mail Client Configuration – Email configurations are very useful when accessing your domain emails via third-party email clients such as Outlook, Gmail, and others.
- MailChannels – Blacklisted IP addresses on shared hosting is the number one cause for mail delivery issues. MailChannels ensures reliable email delivery where your outbound emails are relayed through a distributed network of IP Addresses.
- Mail Forwarding and Filtering
I know Gmail offer business email via Gsuite which you could consider as your email host.
On Gsuite you pay per email/Month, the more emails you require created the more expensive it gets.
However, with your hosting account, you can create unlimited emails at no extra cost.
To get independent business emails you need to register a domain and signup for hosting or use third-party applications such as G-Suite.
There is also an option to buy an email server but the headache that comes with it is not worth it plus software licenses.
If you need help in this issue get in touch with us and will advise you accordingly.
Also, check out why you could consider us for hosting your corporate emails/website.
All the best.